Will Hitler be saved? If I had money for every time this issue was raised I would be a rich person!
Let's be unambiguous here:
1. Hitler does not deserve to be saved so if he is saved it would have to be by grace alone.
2. Hitler does not deserve to be saved so if he is to be saved then it would have to be through Christ's mediatorial work
3. If Hitler is to be saved it will only be through deep, heart-felt repentance, through Spirit-inspired faith in Christ and through a renewed mind and a transformed life in the Spirit.
4. If Hitler is to be saved it will involve not merely reconciliation with God but also with his victims. And reconciliation will not be about saying, "Oh never mind! It didn't really matter!"
5. If this is to happen it has to happen in and through God. It is not humanly possible.
Will Hitler be saved? I think so. Where sin abounds grace abounds all the more.
What Christians would object to is the idea that God might treat Hitler as if what he did wasn't really that bad. It was that bad! It was unspeakably dreadful! But suppose that 1-5 above were the case. What Christian grounds are there for objecting to God's saving Hitler in those conditions? Isn't divine grace wide enough? Isn't the cross effective enough? Isn't the Spirit powerful enough?